Position name: QA Sr. Test Engineer
Position Seniority: Intermediate
Location: Tampa Bay area of Florida
The Sr. QA Test Engineer is responsible for the design, development and execution of manual and automated test cases as part of the feature and functional test activity. The Sr. QA Test Engineer will interact and collaborate primarily with QA test team members, as well as development engineering and product management to develop test strategy. All test and debug activities will be executed according to project plans and schedules, while adhering to defined quality requirements and reported through established tracking tools and systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Write test plans, cases and conditions to ensure effective test coverage
• Execute test cases, at black box, grey box, and some white box levels
• Mentor and collaborate with other testers in test procedures, process and best practices
• Work closely with development, product management and QA test leadership to develop an applicable test approach and strategy for both specific products and product lines
• Execute long duration tasks and assignments according to project plans, to meet schedule, resource, and quality requirements
• Log and track defects using the designated tracking system and tools
• Participate in peer and external reviews
• Participate in the development of test project goals, scope, estimates and plans
• Coordinate with QA test leadership to train team members on the development and execution of test cases
• Work with development, product management and QA test leadership to prioritize software defects and determine associated root cause/corrective actions
• Mentor and guide other team members as required, to support overall team objectives
• Identify risks and dependencies of the product and subsystems, prioritize the effort, and deliver the project on time and according to milestones, specifications and defined quality standards
• Engage in test result analysis and test report creation
• Help develop cooperative relationships between the test team and individuals/groups that interface with the test team
• Proven demonstration of leadership skills
• Solid cross-group collaboration skills and have a history of working with internal partners on technical issues.
• Strong analytical skills and decision-making capabilities.
• Proven verbal and written communications skills in English. Other languages are a plus.
• Problem solving skills and the ability to work with senior leaders to establish strategies.
• Superior written and verbal communication skills to document the features tested and the bugs that are found, and then report them to key stakeholders in the project.
• A solid working knowledge of metrics and models in product quality engineering.
• Established expertise in test methodologies and techniques
• Demonstrated command & experience with Test & Defect Management/Workflow tools
• Familiarity with Software Development Life cycle (SDLC) and testing process
• Experience testing of applications on web-based, client/server
• Working knowledge of relational database technology and SQL
• Strong understanding of database architecture/concepts
• Experience in agile/scrum development methodology
• Experience with QA principles desired
• Interest in software technology and software testing paired with analytical thinking and knowledge of the creation of test plans, test cases
• High attention to detail coupled with a commitment to the delivery of a high-quality product
• Experience with testing support products and processes, such as defect tracking systems and software configuration controls
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Two year degree and minimum 5 years of related QA Testing experience is required, working within an Agile working environment and with Scrum methodologies.
• Experience with MS Office products; web-based products and testing; creating test scripts and test cases
• Must have a proven track record in software testing and knowledge of formal QA testing methodologies
Client offers Medical, Dental, Vision, STD/LTD, Life Insurance, and 401k benefits. Also provides PTO, sick, and vacation hours annually. Client is a EEO employer.
Candidates must be able to pass a drug and background screen.
Referrals, calls, questions are welcomed
Prospects Global, Inc
Contact: michael delay
813.948.7878 [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org