Position Available: SQL Developer
Location: Remote (after ~30 days on-site in Clearwater, FL)
Client seeking someone to join their Data Management team as a SQL Developer. In this position you will be a major contributor to the development and maintenance of Tables, Stored Procedures, Views and Functions. You will also be responsible for helping support our self-service business intelligence platform, which includes meeting with internal stake holders to discuss their reporting needs and implementing the tools they need to self-service. As a member of our Data Management team, you will have the support of your team members and the tools needed to excel in your role.
You will work out of a ticket queue system managed by our IT Project Manager to define priorities and timelines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Write SQL queries, views or stored procedures to extract data from SQL Servers in a consistent and efficient manner that follows industry best practices.
• Interpret existing complex SQL queries and stored procedures to reverse engineer existing code.
• Create and automate or increase the efficiency of existing reports
• Assist in data analysis functions.
• Elicit requirements from stakeholders to better define report content.
• Document the results of work activities.
• Support the generation of standard reports as well as ad hoc queries.
• Ensure effective communication to the management team and business clients.
• Make recommendations to improve reporting tools, techniques & processes
• Participate in efforts to analyze, design and migrate data as needed.
• Identify and clean up malformed data.
• Perform bulk data updates when needed.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Strong understanding of SQL databases and queries as well as programmability concepts such as stored procedures and functions
• Ability to write SQL queries by hand without an external tool or query designer.
• Minimum two years’ experience as a Data Analyst/Report Writer or other roles heavily utilizing SQL.
• Experience in developing reports and dashboards.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Understand business processes & relate them to technical solutions, & vice versa
• Experience in performing efficient analysis of process improvements.
• Work independently & willing to take ownership for daily work performance
• Skilled in the use of Business Requirements Documentation and methodologies.
• Proven ability to deliver creative solutions
• Exposure to Self Service Reporting engines such as Looker and Power BI, SSRS
• Experience creating and maintaining ETL Processes using scripts and SSIS.
• Exposure to calling REST APIs for data transfer.
Nice To Have:
• Database CI/CD
• Visual Studio Database Projects.
• Knowledge of Data Warehousing.
• Database Performance Tuning
• Database Administration
• Database Backups
• Azure or Amazon Web Services experience
• Markdown for documentation creation
• Experience with Git or similar version control solution
• Sample data generation
• Database unit testing
Full Benefits package
Competitive salary range
Prospects Global, Inc
Contact: michael delay
813.948.7878 [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com