Lead Cloud Software Engineer
Location: Tampa, FL
We value a strong work ethic and character. We work hard to ensure that each of our employees has access to a supportive working environment which enables individuals to reach their potential, to be productive & work to the best of their ability
We are pioneers and innovators. Our industry knowledge and insights stretch back nearly a century, from the original founding of the company in 1929. We attract talent and build careers. We empower you to grow with us. We recognize you and reward you. We win together as one team.
The Lead Cloud Software Engineer will focus on leading the cloud development of our IoT platltform called KitchenConnect. KitchenConnect runs on Amazon Web Services (AWS), and it leverages AWS IoT services. This role will collaborate with the entire KitchenConnect team, our IT team, our third-party engineers, as well as with the customers during technical design and development phases, providing guidance, interpretation, and engineering expertise. The role will additionally focus on improving the overall project technical architecture (Database and Software Framework) to ensure the scalability of the platform. This role will also manage the internal and external software engineering team members.
Lastly, the role will be continuously aware of IoT cloud computing industry trends with regards to technology and adoption while also being proficient in the understanding of and application of various automation related tools and languages
Reports to the Sr. Director of KitchenConnect; position based in our Tampa, FL office
• Design, develop, and maintain the KitchenConnect platform/software architecture
• Strong programming skills specially around Node.JS and React
• Manage internal cloud software engineers as well as third-party cloud software engineers
• Ensure cloud product development is on track and meeting the latest cloud computing industry standards
• Collaborate with stakeholders (IT, Embedded Controls, Brand Mananagers) and development partners
• Understand customers’ requirements and present them with solutions that meet their requirements
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
• Design, implement and manage KitchenConnect Cloud software strategy, standards and best practices associated with all aspects of the cloud offerings
• Understand engineering needs and customer needs including those required to build, maintain, and operate the KitchenConnect platform through all its development phases.
• Participate in the back-end and front-end development with other engineers, designers, and product managers to launch new products, iterate on existing features, and build a world-class user experience.
• Incorporate testing scripts and tools into your development workflow to ensure a product is reliable and measurable.
• Manage cloud software projects
• Manage on-shore and off-shore software engineers
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering – advanced degree is a plus
• Ability to travel up to 5% of the time.
• Strong experience with NodeJS and React
• Strong knowledge of AWS cloud services + deployment & management of those services
• Infrastructure services such as EC2, S3, API Gateway, Kinesis, EBS, EFS, SES, VPC, ELB, Route 53, Cloudfront etc
• Security services such as IAM, SSO, ADS, Shield and CloudHSM etc
• SaaS Application and DB services such as RDS, Elasticache, Redshift etc
• Strong experience with designing IoT cloud services
• Demonstrates strong customer service awareness and orientation
• Project management skills
• Excellent communication and interaction skills at all levels
• Ability to manage deadlines and complexity and to think and problem solve analytically and creatively
• Strong interpersonal skills, problem solving skills and presentation skills
• Teamwork orientated; ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams
Prospects Global, Inc
Contact: michael delay
813.948.7878 [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com