Position Available: Embedded Firmware Engineer
Location: Odessa, FL (Tampa Bay area)
Primarily responsible for developing and maintaining our battery-operated GPS tracking device products used for monitoring and tracking criminal offenders. Embedded products include GPS, Cellular, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, ISM RF, alcohol, tamper detection, encryption, and various other technologies. Work closely with Hardware Engineering, Software Development team, and QA.
• Join the existing Embedded Firmware team to support & add new features to products
• Effectively collaborate and network with numerous internal and external organizations including Hardware Engineering, Software Development, Q/A & Account Reps in the field
• Help coordinate development with our sister organization based in Tel Aviv Israel via email, conference calls, video conferencing and some limited travel.
• Actively participate in code reviews to a peer audience with clear written and verbal communications.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar discipline
• Minimum 5 years’ experience developing & supporting embedded firmware solutions
• Minimum 5 years of experience working in C / C++ in embedded devices
• Experience working with microcontrollers and embedded RTOS and debuggers
• Experience working in an R&D team environment with strong interpersonal skills
• Candidates must be US Citizen or Perm Resident of US
• Candidates must be able to pass a drug and background screen.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
• Familiarity with the following preferred: ARM compilers, Keil IDE, NXP and Freescale microcontrollers; Data and RF Communications protocols; GPS technologies; electronic sensors; User Interface designs
• Experience in Embedded Linux is desirable
• Strong debugging skills (both hardware and software)
• Excellent analytical, organization and communication skills
• Ability to understand existing code base with limited documentation
• Limited experience developing intellectual property through patent filings is a PLUS
• Ability to travel domestic and international
Employer offers Medical, Dental, Vision, STD/LTD, Life Insurance, and 401k benefits. Also provides PTO, sick, and vacation hours annually. Employer is a EEO employer.
Calls, questions & referrals are welcomed
Send your resume for immediate consideration
Prospects Global, Inc.
Contact: michael delay
813.948.7878 [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org