Position name: Embedded Firmware Engineer (Linux emphasis)
Position Seniority: Intermediate
Location: Tampa Bay area of Florida – REMOTE OK
Will execute a complete embedded software development lifecycle, with a primary focus on Embedded Linux User Space applications, with the goal to create scalable and optimized software systems. Using various technologies and algorithms (GPS, Cellular, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, ISM RF, alcohol detection, tamper detection, encryption) Client’s battery-operated wearable M2M/IoT devices are used to monitor and track criminal offenders and securely communicate with our cloud servers to provide a robust and highly scalable SaaS solution.
• Design, implement, and test software of embedded devices and systems from requirements to production and commercial deployment
• Analyze and enhance efficiency, stability and scalability of system resources
• Integrate and validate new product designs with a focus on optimizing I/O performance
• Support legacy embedded tracking solutions; add new features & enhancements as required
• Effectively collaborate and network with numerous internal and external organizations including Hardware Engineering, Software Development, Quality Assurance, and Account Reps in the field.
• Actively participate in code reviews to a peer audience with clear written and verbal communications.
• Assess third party libraries and open-source software
• Help coordinate development with our sister organization based in Tel Aviv Israel via email, conference calls, video conferencing and some limited travel.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
• Excellent analytical, organization and communication skills
• Ability to understand existing code base with limited documentation
• Experience working in an R&D team environment with strong interpersonal skills
• Familiarity with the following preferred:
• ARM compilers, Keil IDE, NXP and Freescale microcontrollers
• Yocto, OpenEmbedded, BitBake, Poky, Legato, Docker
• Data/RF Communications protocols such as SPI, I2C, IR, C, Wi-Fi, BLE, ISM, TCP/IP, MQTT
• GPS modules and chipset, LTE/5G Cellular modems, modules, SOM
• Electronic sensors and User Interface designs
• Ability to travel domestic and international
• Minimum 5 years’ experience developing software for real-time embedded firmware solutions
• Minimum 5 years’ experience working in C / C++ in embedded devices with focus on OO design
• Minimum 5 years of experience with Linux development
• Proficient with build environments, compiler and linker functionality
• Experience working with microcontrollers, embedded RTOS, and debuggers
• Experience in hardware/software integrations, Drivers, and Linux Kernel is a plus
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, Master’s Degree is a plus
Employer offers Medical, Dental, Vision, STD/LTD, Life Insurance, and 401k benefits. Also provides 10 holidays, PTO, sick, and vacation hours annually. EEO employer.
Candidates must be able to pass a drug and background screen.
Calls, questions, referrals are welcome
Send resume TODAY
Prospects Global, Inc
Contact: michael delay
813.948.7878 [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org